Water is essential.
First of all, many people don’t drink water on a daily basis at all. For me this is hard to understand. For many others, they may think, “what is the big deal?” There are so many people that think just because they drink vitamin waters, sports drinks, soft drinks, sweetened drinks, iced tea, tea, coffee, double-vanilla-hazelnut-lowfat-with whip-latte’s that they are satisfying the needs of their body. WRONG.
It doesn’t work that way. We need to drink water. Clean, pure water is essential for the proper functioning of our body. Your body is mostly made up of water so you can see why I’m telling you that water is essential for you to be healthy.
How to use water to get a healthy body:
- Drink 1 liter (or about 1 quart) of water for every 50 pounds of body weight. for example, if you weigh 150 pounds you should drink 3 liters (or about 3 quarts) of water a day
- Drink water first thing when you wake up in the morning. You are the most dehydrated first thing in the morning. This is the most important time to drink water.
- Drink steam distilled water (SmartWater is steam distilled with electrolytes) or a very good quality filtered water (avoid water filtered with a “reverse osmosis” filtration systems). Tap water and well water are off limits unless it is filtered or steam distilled (only drink well water that is steam distilled).
- Drink water in between your meals, not while you are eating. Drinking any fluids while you are eating will dilute you digestive juices that you require to digest your food completely.
- Drinking water on an empty stomach will actually help your digestion.
- Good quality sparkling mineral water in a glass bottle can be ok to drink, but you shouldn’t make it your only source of water.
- Drinking water helps your body to flush out all sorts of nasty stuff and detoxify.
- If you live an active lifestyle, drink plenty of water during the day, not just when you exercise. It takes time for your body to hydrate. To drink water only when you are working out means that you are working out dehydrated.
- Drinking water can help you lose weight. You will be flushing out toxins that cause you to retain water weight. And you will be drinking less diet and regular soft drinks, juices, sweetened artificial powdered instant drinks and all that other crap that causes you to gain weight because you are drinking water.
Drink water, not flavored, colored, sweetened, caffeinated, fortified impostors.
Listen to this episode of Get Fit Now Radio to hear Eleni K. and I talk about the importance of drinking water. http://getfitportland.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/may-3rd-water-whatnot-with-dr-cirptian/