Splenda… Don’t do it!
Sugar and artificial sweeteners (Splenda included) are a big deal to me. I usually don’t try to push my beliefs and ways on to my friends, but if they ask then I am willing to get on my soap box.
The other night I was out enjoying life with at great group of people and one of them leaned over the table to tell me that she has been reading my posts on here and on Facebook. My friend let me know that since she found out about the problems with Splenda her and her husband have stopped using it. I was a bit shocked because I didn’t even think that she was following the information that I have been putting out there.
When ever someone takes a step to improve their lives because of what I have done I am still amazed for some reason. But at the same time I am elated and thankful that they see the value of doing so.
The secret dangers of Splenda
Hopefully most of you know that splenda is not good for you. I know what you might be thinking, “how can they approve it to be eaten if it’s not good for us?” I ask myself that all of the time.
It seems that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is much more inclined to push through products that are backed by large multinational companies that have deep pockets.
In Dr. Mercola’s post form December 3, 2000 titled “The Potential Dangers of Sucralose (Splenda)”, there are some startling facts about Splenda.
Spenda research and FDA approval
- The FDA approved Sucralose (splenda) for human consumption with research that was done on only 36 people.
- The longest study was only done for 4 days, and fas focused on tooth decay, not focused on health problems that may arise from eating it.
- The many other studies that were done were only on animals.
- After slpenda was approved there were “long term toxicity” studies performed, but they only lasted 3 months.
- To date only 6 human studies have been done and none of them have lasted more than 3 months.
- Splenda is absorbed into the body despite what the they say. Studies have show that after eating splenda, some people didn’t excrete it until after 3 days.
People have been talking about health issues and strange symptoms when eating splenda. Splenda is said to resemble sugar but it’s chemical composition is closer to DDT, than sugar. DDT is a pesticide.
Here is what some other people are saying about Splenda:
Splenda is Bad! | Side Effects of Splenda |
Check out some of the many Splenda side effects and why I will no longer be consuming it!
Publish Date: 02/01/2011 14:09
The Dangers of Splenda
The makers of Splenda tell us that it is derived from sugar, so we think it must be safe, right? Wrong. The second part of the equation that was originally…
Publish Date: 05/09/2011 4:42
Pictures After Lunch: Dangers of Splenda
Dangers of Splenda. “Splenda is different from other sweeteners in that it claims to be ‘made from sugar,’ and ‘natural,’ because Splenda is the trade name for sucralose. Sucralose is a synthetic compound, …
Publish Date: 04/04/2011 8:34
I recommend to not use any type of sweeteners that are man made, refined or made in a laboratory. My advice is to use:
- Organic, non pasteurized, non filtered honey from a local source.
- Organic maple syrup.
- A real brown sugar from molasses (most brown sugar is white refined sugar with molasses poured over it.
- A natural cane sugar.
These are better choices, but if you abuse them they can still cause health problems. Look to the eating right diet for more information.
Any questions or comments? Let me know below.